1. Will I be able to access my HPI account from any computer or will I have to have special software installed on the PC I usually use?
2. Can I access video feeds and other services while using HPIBET?
3. Why does HPIBET log me out after 20 minutes?
4. How many bets can I have queued at one time?
5. What if my computer freezes or fails while I'm using HPIBET Web Edition?
6. What if I can't access www.hpibet.com?
7. What if I use a dial-up modem?
8. Are cookies stored on my computer?
9. Will my account be disabled if I continually fail to provide proper login credentials for HPIBET?
10. Why, when I print a ticket from the browser, are the lines on the ticket not printed?
You can use any computer that has Internet access. The minimum system requirements are as follows:
- Operating system: Microsoft Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows 2000 or Windows XP
- A personal computer that satisfies the minimum system requirements of the Windows operating system version being used
- Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer version 5.01 or later
- Internet connection: 28.8K or faster dial-up modem or other form of higher speed Internet connection (e.g. via cable or DSL)
- Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device
- Display: a display adapter supporting a colour depth of 16-bit (65,000 color combinations) or higher and a minimum 800x600 screen resolution is recommended
Yes. The most straight forward way to do this is to run this site in one browser window while also running HPIBET in another browser window. By running multiple windows and applications there is a possibility that the speed your bets are placed at will be reduced. If you are experiencing slow response making wagers when you have the video feed open you may need to stop it to improve performance.
This is for security reasons. If there is no user activity within the application you will be automatically logged out after 20 minutes. This is for the protection of members who inadvertently leave their PC unattended while the HPIBET service is running on their PC.
You will need to restart your computer and log back in, any queued bets or bets already placed will be unaffected. If you would like to make a wager immediately you can use your account with the phone system. If you are unable to access your account please call the HPI Customer Service Centre at 1-888-675-8886.
It is possible that access to this site may be blocked by software on your PC or by a third party site blocking system. Try disabling any site blocking software your PC may be running. Alternatively, is it also possible that the proxy software used by your Internet service provider (ISP) or corporate network may be blocking access to this site. Contact your ISP or corporate network administrator to determine if this is the case.
HPIBET Web Edition is designed to operate fully over lower speed dial-up lines in addition to higher speed broadband Internet connections. However if you use a dial-up modem service will not be as fast as would be the case with a cable or DSL connection. You will need to take this into account when placing wagers close to post time.
Yes. After three failed login attempts the system will automatically disable your account for access to HPIBET. This is to protect your account from unauthorized access. If you have forgotten your HPIBET User ID or your wagering PIN, or if your account has been disabled, please call the HPI Customer Service Centre at 1-888-675-8886 to have an HPI representative for assistance in restoring access to your account.
To print the ticket, with all of its embedded lines and graphics, you need to enable Internet Explorer's 'Print background colours and images' option. This option is found in the Internet Explorer / Tools / Internet Options / Advanced tab. Depending on your printer, selecting this option may slow down the speed at which pages are printed.